STUDENT SUCCESS & SUPPORT
PROGRAM Assessment & Testing
The Assessment Center provides placement testing services to all new matriculating, continuing, and returning students. Testing is offered on an appointment basis. View the calendar below for test offerings. Scroll below the calendar to make an appointment and to see additional information.
Follow the link to make an appointment.
When all test sessions appointments are filled, students will no longer be able to make appointments.
An "invalid id" message will display for most students. The reason for this is because new student information is not yet loaded into the database. Please call the office or appear in person to make an appointment.
Students with appointments must arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled appointment to be considered on time. Failure to be on time may result in your appointment being cancelled.
- For appointment tests, students must have an appointment in the system
- Bring government issued identification (State ID, Drivers License, Passport)
- Have LAHC student identification number
- Make sure to arrive at least 30 minutes before the test starts
- Any accommodations must be arranged in advanced with SPS
- Be prepared to receive an orientation for the first hour of assessment
Students are only allowed to assess once per year.
Once a test is started students have to complete the test or the test will be invalidated and a student will not be able to retest until six months later.
Electronic devices including calculators are not allowed in the testing lab. All cellular devices must be shut off in the lab.
Students who have already taken a math or English course are not required and are not allowed to take an assessment test.
*The Assessment Center does not send student test results to other institutions.