Special Programs and Services
(Disabled Student Programs and Services)
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
1. What is Special Program and Services (SPS)?
2. How does SPS services differ from the high school services?
3. How do I qualify for Special Program and Services?
4. Will my disability information be kept confidential?
5. Do I have the right to choose my counselor?
6. What is an accommodation?
7. How do I get an accommodations?
8. Who decides what accommodations I may receive?
9. What are some of the support services available to SPS students?
10. Does anyone else have to know that I have a specific disability?
11. If I have a problem with an instructor, staff member, or another student, can SPS help?
12. What do I do if my instructor denies an accommodation?
13. Do I need to be a full-time student to attend Harbor?
14. Are there any costs related to Special Services?
15. Will my disability waive the costs of college?
16. What are my options if I cannot pay for my educational expenses?
17. I tried to register for classes but was informed that I have a hold. What do I do?
18. How can I get notes for my classes??
19.Can I get help finding my classrooms at the beginning of each semester?
20. Can you help me find campus locations?
21. I cannot stand in line at Admissions and Records. Can SPS help me?
22. What do I do if I am failing a class?
23. I am failing some of my classes and wish to drop these classes. Can I do that?
24. Even with my accommodations; I'm still not academically successful. Can you help me?
25. I need to see an SPS counselor immediately. What do I do?
26. I have a crisis situation, can Special Program and Services help me?