LOS ANGELES HARBOR COLLEGE
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT PROGRAM
- Spring 2014 important dates:
February 10, 2014- Classes begin
* February 22nd: Last day to drop full-term classes to receive
refund or w/o paying fee
* February 22nd: Last day to drop full-term classes w/o
receiving a “W”
*Keep in mind that international students must be a full time student and CANNOT drop below 12 units without prior permission from Mr. Grady.
- International students must be in at least 12 units during fall and spring semesters. Students do not need to be in 12 units during summer or winter sessions.
- Students should check in with Dean Ching or the International Student Office at least once each semester.
- If you want to take a class at another college, you are required to get an advanced written permission from Mr. Ching and an agreement by the international student advisor from the other college.
- Academic support is available if needed. Please contact us if you need additional help with your courses.
- Students who do not complete 12 units during their Spring and Fall semesters will be terminated.
- Students who complete their programs of study may remain in the U.S. for 60 days before departing the U.S.
- Students who have been terminated may have anywhere between 72 hours and 15 days to leave the U.S. depending on the termination reason. Failure to depart the U.S. after completion of student's academic program and post-completion practical training (OPT).
- Home address and contact information should be updated within 10 days on both the SEVIS system and on the college computer system.