Application for Financial Aid
If you need financial aid to help with your expenses you should complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) today! The application for the 2021-2022 academic year became available on October 1, 2020. Make sure to do your 2021-2022 FAFSA and complete the financial aid process as soon as it is available. Check the "To Do list" on your Student Portal for updates to ensure that your financial aid will be in place for Fall 2021. Use the steps below to apply for financial aid. If you need additional assistance filling out your FAFSA please visit our Financial Aid TV site for helpful videos and information- laharbor.financialaidtv.com
- Apply online at studentaid.gov.
- On the Student Portal check your "To do list" for any items that may be required to process your application select LAHC as the campus that you wish to process your financial aid.
- Select your refund preference with BankMobile, you will receive instructions in the mail or in your student email once the financial aid office receives your FAFSA and you become an active student. This is a one-time only process.For more information about BankMobile, visit this link: https://bankmobiledisbursements.com/refundchoices/. “To view our institution's contract with BankMobile, a Division of Customer Bank, click here.”
- Check your award status in the LACCD Student Information System.
If your application is selected for verification, you will need to provide additional paperwork. The paperwork may include, but is not limited to:
- Verification Worksheet
- 2 years prior Federal Tax Return forms or IRS Tax Return Transcript. (Transcripts are available online at the IRS website) If you successfully used the IRS Data Retrieval Tool and did not change any of the data, the transcript is not required.
- If you are an independent student or a parent of a dependent student and you did not file taxes, you will be required to submit proof from the IRS that you did not file taxes 2 years prior to the start of the academic year (i.e. for the 2021-2022 academic year it is required proof of non-filing for 2019.)
Check your "To Do List" on the Student Portal to identify any documentation that you need to submit.
If you are attending both Fall and Spring semesters, the documentation must be submitted by the last day of the school year. If you are only attending one semester, the documentation must be received by the end of the semester.