- You must meet with the veteran's counselor EVERY semester prior to submitting your certification request!
- Complete the Online Veterans Certification Request Each Semester You Want to Utilize Your GI Bill Benefits: CLICK HERE
- Changes to the initial certification request (drops, adds, exclusions, section changes) must report it to the Harbor Veterans Program immediately.
NOTE: Waitlisted status courses cannot be certified. You must submit the Online Veterans Certification Request every time you make changes to your class schedule.
- Students who wish to certify a course at another college must cofirm with academic counsleor first.
- Request for certifiction may be delayed if requested courses are not listed on your educationalplan as GE or major requirements. NO EXEPTIONS!
COVID-19 and your VA educational benefits:
Post-9/11 GI Bill® students enrolled in approved resident (physically in person) courses at a rate of pursuit of more than 50%, which have been converted to online learning solely due to COVID-19, will continue to receive benefits, including Monthly Housing Allowance, at the resident rate until December 21, 2021, or until the school resumes normal operations of resident training, whichever comes first.
To ensure that you get the full BAH for your VA educational benefits you need to enroll in an originally scheduled "In-Resident" (in-person) courses prior to certification. Synchronous courses that were converted to an online modality are classified as "In-Resident" for full BAH payments.
It is our priority to ensure all our Veteran Students receive on time payments from the V.A. office. If you encounter any issues with your payment, please email the Program Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to assist you.